1. Read about spinal cord research on the Christopher Reeve Foundation website at
2. Find out more about exciting new developments in spinal cord injury research at
3. Learn about Rick Hansen, another inspiring man living with a spinal cord injury, at https://www.rickhansen.com/about-rick/ricks-story. Read about his Man in Motion World Tour at https://www.rickhansen.com/about-rick/man-motion-world-tour
1. Read the NBC article ‘What is impeachment and how does it work? 10 facts to know’ to find out more about the impeachment process in the U.S. at
2. Watch the video ‘How to impeach a president?’ at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRtJXnsUYBc [6:50].
3. Find out more about political parties in the United States by watching ‘Political Parties: Crash Course on Government and Politics #40’ [9:22] at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEmOUHxessE.
4. Watch ‘How is power divided in the U.S.government – Belinda Stutzman’ [3:49] at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuFR5XBYLfU
1. Watch BBC news videos showing footage of the Venice floods and explaining the cause of the high water at
https://www.bbc.com/weather/feeds/50437641 [1:25] and https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-50452689/high-tides-in-central-... [0:44].
2. View photo galleries of the Venice floods at https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/flood-saint-marks-square-basilica-hotel-ga... and https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/world/amp-stories/venice-fl....
3. Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEUQTczycIw&feature=youtu.be [2:09] to find out more about Venice.
1. Find out more about the Grassy Narrows First Nation and reserve at
2. Read a Globe and Mail feature article on mercury poisoning in Grassy Narrows at
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-for-grassy-narrows-famili.... CBC has a special interactive feature called ‘Children of the poisoned river’ at https://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/children-of-the-poisoned-river-mer...
3. Learn more about mercury poisoning on the World Health Organization’s webpage ‘Mercury and Health’ at
4. Participate in Amnesty International’s ‘Write for Rights’ campaign to urge the federal government to take action to help the youth of Grassy Narrows at
[What in the World?] ...can be used meaningfully by all members of our multi-graded classrooms... [This resource sparks] important discussion and reflection.