1. Find out more about the Canadian Honours System at https://www.gg.ca/en/honours/canadian-honours What other Orders, decorations, and medals are part of this system? What does each one recognize?
2. See the full list of the newest Order of Canada appointees at
3. Find out how to nominate someone as a candidate for appointment to the Order of Canada at
4. Read more about current Governor General Julie Payette at
5. Sign up to meet and speak with the Governor General online at https://www.gg.ca/en/gginteractive
1. View a timeline of key events in Iran’s history at
2. Read ‘History of Iran: From Persia to Present’ on the CBC website at
3. Find out more about Iran – its history, culture, people, and facts on the Britannica website at
4. Find out more about the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty at
1. Read ‘Australia fires: A visual guide to the bushfires’ on the BBC website at
2. View photos of the fires at https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2020/01/photos-australia-bushfire-cata... [WARNING: Some photos show dead animals that may be disturbing for your students.]
3. Visit https://globalnews.ca/news/6375718/australia-fires-how-to-help/ to find out how you can help Australians and animals affected by the fires.
4. Watch a YouTube video called 'The Science of Wildfires' at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8OrmGAIqI4
5. Learn the basic science of climate change in 24 easy steps by watching the video “Climate Science: What You Need To Know” at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffjIyms1BX4 [6:19]
6. Learn from environmental icon David Suzuki what you can do to fight global warming at http://www.davidsuzuki.org/what-you-can-do/reduce-your-carbon-footprint/...
1. Find out more about the Mediterranean diet at
2. Read about the 100 Mile Diet at http://www.ecolife.com/health-food/eating-local/100-mile-diet.html
3. Read the summary report of the EAT-Lancet Commission at
Of the reams of educational resources out there, What in the World? is easily one of my favourites.