Beyond the Lines
1. Find COVID-19 updates on the World Health Organization’s website at www.who.int/
2. View a timeline of the pandemic at https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-pandemic-timeline-history-ma...
1. View up-to-date numbers of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Canada by province and territory at
2. Find out more about COVID-19 in Canada on Health Canada’s website at
3. What is a state of emergency? Find out at https://globalnews.ca/news/6688620/coronavirus-state-of-emergency/
1. Read more about the federal government’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan at
2. Watch ‘How Does the Stock Market Work? at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7HKvqRI_Bo [4:29].
3. Learn more about GDP by watching ‘What is GDP’ at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBqWRayc1kE [1:46].
4. Find out more about the causes of recessions at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwaCg7Gwtzw [5:04]
1. Watch ‘How soap kills coronavirus’ at https://youtu.be/-LKVUarhtvE [3:44]. Then, check out the ‘Wash Your Lyrics’ app at https://washyourlyrics.com/
2. Listen to The Germ Guy (Microbiologist Jason Tetro) talk about the symptoms and possible treatments of COVID-19 at https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1711476291817 [9:32] audio
3. Learn more about ‘flattening the curve’ at https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/?iti...
4. Check out these helpful charts:
5. Explore common COVID-19 questions and answers at
6. Find out more about viruses by watching ‘What is a Virus?’ at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS7vsBgWszI [4:21]
When I have kids in grade 4/5 wanting to know when the next issue is coming, even in December and June, that’s when I know I have an excellent resource.