What in the World? / Le Monde en Marche is a photocopiable current events resource, published in English and French, for Canadian students in grades 5 through 7 (Level 1) and grades 8 through 10 (Level 2). Designed to enhance students' understanding of and interest in current Canadian and international events and issues, this publication addresses numerous curriculum outcomes while saving teachers valuable time.
Published eight times a year, each issue focuses on recent top news stories and includes:
- Four news articles, written at a level students can understand;
- Relevant background information to enhance understanding of each event or issue;
- On-the-line, between-the-line, and beyond-the-line questions;
- Using Infographics to enhance understanding;
- Analyzing a political cartoon assignment;
- Examining a news photo assignment;
- Map assignments;
- Answer key.
A full-year subscription (8 issues) costs $210.
All teachers and students within one school can access the resources. Subscriptions are delivered via Internet download. Subscribers receive a password each month to allow them to access the publication on our website as soon as it is posted.